You are viewing a 2014 Hennessey Venom GT that formerly held the world record as the world’s fastest production automobile. This vehicle starts life as a 2010 Lotus Exige (and is titled as such) and gets a complete transformation from the people at the world famous Hennessey Performance Engineering.
The original cowl, windshield, and VIN are used from the Lotus, and the rest of the vehicle is hand crafted.
This Hennessey Venom GT is powered by a Chevrolet LS7 7.0 liter V8 that is twin turbo charged and worked over to produce a staggering 1244 horsepower. It is mated to a Ford GT 6 speed manual transmission.
This particular car is chassis number 9 of a total production run of 13. This is the only white one that was produced. It is also believed to be the only privately owned automobile to ever be shown on the Concept Greens at Pebble Beach. This vehicle is offered for sale by Choice Auto Sales of Murrysville, PA for $1.25 Million USD.
WORLD‘S FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR
- 0-60 MPH: 2.7 SECONDS
- 0-100 MPH: 5.6 SECONDS
- 0-300 KM/H: 13.63 SECONDS – GUINNESS WORLD RECORD
- 0-200 MPH: 14.51 SECONDS – HYPERCAR WORLD RECORD
- ¼ MILE: 9.92 SECONDS @ 163 MPH
- STANDING HALF MILE: 206 MPH
- STANDING MILE: 253 MPH
- VERIFIED SPEED: 270.49 MPH
- ESTIMATED TOP SPEED: 278 MPH
- Horsepower: 1244 bhp @ 6600 RPM (cockpit adjustable to 800, 1000 & 1244 bhp
- Torque: 1155 lb-ft @ 4400 RPM
- Type: 90-degree V8
- Valvetrain: Overhead valve, 2 valves per cylinder
- Block/Heads: Iron/aluminum
- Forced Induction: Twin precision ball bearing turbochargers
- Displacement: 7000 cc/427 cu. in
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Redline: 7200 RPM
- Lubrication: Dry sump system
- Fuel Injection: Electronic sequential multi-port